Prefill/prepopulate data using authenticators | XM Community
Solved

Prefill/prepopulate data using authenticators

• 14 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I have a survey that is accessed by anonymous link. The survey is done by staff with their clients, and the survey will be completed for each client multiple times at regular intervals.

Once the survey is completed for the first time, ideally we would prefill some of the client's details (eg. DOB) for their subsequent surveys. I understand that authenticators can be used to prefill data from a contact list, however until the first survey is completed, we don't know that the client exists (ie. we don't have an existing contact list of clients).

Is there a way to use an authenticator so that if the client is known (ie. in a triggered contact list) it prefills, but if not, it doesn't?

I'm guessing most people get around this issues by setting up multiple surveys, but we want the data to be combined for reporting purposes.

Any thoughts or ideas?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 14 February 2020, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Yes! But if you want to use the anonymous link for everything, then you need to add a question to the top of your survey that is "Is this your first time taking this survey" Y/N.

IF NO THEN branch to survey OR IF YES THEN branch to the authenticator with the survey nested under it.

When they first take the survey, the will go down the first path. You can then use an contact list trigger to create the mailing list that authenticator in path 2 will reference. Then when they take the survey again, they will go down second path and pre-populate the data.
Badge +1
Thank you! I ended up inserting a question at the start of the survey as suggested, but requested their unique identifier and then use that to prefill the authenticator. For those who have done the survey previously, their data loads; for those who haven't, they just do the survey as usual. I need it test it further but it seems to working so far.

Leave a Reply