Pull data from previous surveys and counterbalance questions in current survey - longitudinal study | XM Community
Question

Pull data from previous surveys and counterbalance questions in current survey - longitudinal study

• 10 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I'm new with Qualtrics and have a challenge in implementing the counterbalancing as described below:
For example, I have participants do a longitudinal survey for 10 times, once a week. I have a pool of 5 questions, participants will answer one question each time, they won't be given the same question until the second round starts (starting week 6). The order of the 5 questions in each round is randomized. (e.g. 5-3-1-4-2 in week 1, and 2-4-5-3-1 in week 2)
Each participant should have their unique ID. And I was wondering how to pull the data from previous weeks so that the same questions won't appear in the current round.
I appreciate any help and advice on this.
Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If I assume that you have contact list and sending survey to them then you can use same contact list to store the data else yes, assign each participant a unique Id and use authenticator on unique id to get data.

Thanks, rondey.
To link the question history with its corresponding participant, is the best way to use an authenticator or do you have a better idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can maintain a contact list to track the questions displayed in each study. Assign some unique variable to each question, (eq: isQ1Displayed), if this was displayed in first survey set it to 1 and store the same in contact list. Now in second survey show the Q1 only if isQ1Displayed = empty or 0. Similarly for other questions.

Leave a Reply