Question after randomization | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
I have a question I couldn't find an answer to on the forum. I am working on survey where we have tre different vignettes that are shown to respondents in random order. Each vignette comes in two different versions and each respondent sees one of these versions (lets call them version 1 and 2).
So it looks something like this:
Vignette 1 (version 1 and 2)
Vignette 2 (version 1 and 2)
Vignette 3 (version 1 and 2)
So, one respondent may get: Vignette 3 (version 1), vignette 1 (version 2) and vignette 2 (version 1), while another gets vignette 1 (v2), vignette 3 (v2) and v2 (v2).
After seen the last vignette, I want to show a question to the respondent only if she got version 1 of this vignette. It dosen't matter if vignette 1, 2 or 3 is the last one - the question should appear no matter what. It also dosen't matter which versions of the vignette the respondent has seen prior to the last one - but I only what the question to appear after the last one.
I know my description is a bit confusion, but I hope you understand my problem.

Hi Halling,

You just need to put your last question in the same block as the vignette3 (v1)
Just like that :
image.png

Hi ElieD
Thank you for your helpful response. Unfortunately, I wasn't clear enough in communicating my problem.
My issue is that it is random which of the three vignettes appears as the last one - it could be either of the three. But the question should appear after last one for any one respondent - and therefore your suggested solution unfortunately doesn't work.
That is, I need a solution that asks the question after the vignette that appears as the last one to the specific respondent - but only if the respondent received a version 2. I tried to illustrate my current setup on the screenshot.
Skærmbillede 2021-02-07 kl. 10.57.41.png

Move your question to a new block and add display logic to display it only when version 1 is displayed. Add this block after the randomizer.

Hi AdmedA
That what also what I was thinking. However, I don't know how I make the display logic depend on the LAST vignette (which could be 1, 2 or 3) instead of a specific one.

Okay. So your question is actually related to tracking the last item displayed, rather than the versions.
Place all your blocks in different groups, in each group set a value of some embedded data. Then use this to display the question. Something like this:
image.pngIf the last vignette is version 1, show will have a value of 1, else 0.

Thank you so much for your help, AhmedA! That makes sense and works.

Leave a Reply