question type code in the advanced format txt file | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi there,

This support page (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/import-and-export-surveys/) lists some available question type codes, including MC, Matrix, TE, CS, RO, or DB. But I am not sure what CS, RO, and DB stand for respectively. I guess that CS is "constant sum", and RO is "rank order" (please correct me if I am wrong). And I have no idea what DB is. Draggable bars?

Thanks in advance for any help!
DB is discriptive block.

Here are more details

[[mc]] – Multiple Choice

> SingleAnswer]] – Single answer question

/Vertical]] – Vertical layout

brHorizontal]] – Horizontal layout

>
/Vertical]] – Vertical layout

brHorizontal]] – Horizontal layout

t
isSelect]] – Select box

t MultiSelect]] – Multiple answer select box

ecMatrix]] – Matrix Table

riSingleAnswer]] – Single answer question

erMultipleAnswer]] – Multiple answer question

swTextEntry]] or />te]] – Text Entry

SingleLine]] – Single line question

glEssay]] – Essay box question

EForm]] – Form question

m]ConstantSum]] or oncs]] – Constant Sum

[[RankOrder]] or ntro]] – Rank Order

oText]] or db]] – Text/Graphic (Descriptive Block)

OTHER TAGS

ocSimpleFormat]] – Specifies the file is a simple formatted file.

e AdvancedFormat]] – Specifies the file is an advanced formatted file.

iED:{field}:{value}]] – Adds Embedded Data to the Survey Flow with the given field. If a value is specified, then the field will be set to that value.

fQuestion:{question type code}:{question sub-type code}:{question sub-sub-type code}]]– Specifies a new question with a specific type, either MC, Matrix, TE, CS, RO, or DB. Optionally, a question sub-type code can be used.

quChoices]] – Specifies the choices for a multiple choice question or the statements for a matrix question (one per line after the tag).

ueAnswers]] – Specifies the choices for a matrix question (one per line after the tag).

qAdvancedChoices]] – Specifies we are using advanced choice formatting, allowing for recode values and multiline choices.

fChoice:{recode value}]] – Specifies the start of a choice. An optional recode value can be used to set the recode value of the choice.

usAdvancedAnswers]] – Specifies we are using advanced answer formatting, allowing for recode values and multiline answers.

wiAnswer:{recode value}]] – Specifies the start of an answer. An optional recode value can be used to set the recode value of the answer.

bMultipleAnswer]] – Specifies that the question should be a multiple answer question.

heID:question ID]] – Specifies the question ID.

> PageBreak]] – Specifies a page break.

brBlock]] – Specifies a block should begin.

/Block:block name]] – Specifies a block should begin with a specific name.
Hi @bansalpeeyush29 , many thanks for your answer.

Do you know if there is any question type code for "slider questions" (draggable bars/draggable sliders/stars)?

Thanks a lot!
> @nannan said:

> Hi @bansalpeeyush29 , many thanks for your answer.

> Do you know if there is any question type code for "slider questions" (draggable bars/draggable sliders/stars)?

> Thanks a lot!

There isn't. Just use an MC to get the question text and choices/statements imported, then switch it to a slider in the editor.
Hi @TomG ,

Thanks a lot!

Is there a way to specify the formatting to the question text. For Eg. in the question I want some parts to be made in Bold, How do I do that?

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27884#Comment_27884You can in include html in the question text. For example:
Can I include bold?

Leave a Reply