Randomizer, Survey Flow, Quotas, Embedded Data | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have two blocks A and B that I'd like respondents to complete in a random order.
I'm using Randomizer in Survey flow - which presents them evenly overall, but I'd like them to be presented evenly within each Country e.g. UK, Germany.
What's the best way to do this?

I was thinking I could use Quotas to record which block (A or 😎 was seen first for each country - so four quotas: UK-A, UK-B, Germany-A, Germany-B.
Then in Survey Flow using Embedded Data variables:
If UK-A is greater than or equal to UK-B, or Germany-A is greater than or equal to Germany-B - show Block B first. Allocate respondent to relevant B quota.
If UK-B is greater than UK-A, or Germany-B is greater than Germany-A - show Block A first. Allocate respondent to relevant A quota.
Is there an easier way to do this?

You could set this up as two separate randomizers. One for each country.
So branch if country is Germany, randomize blocks. And branch if country is UK, randomize blocks.
This will evenly present the blocks for the UK sample and for the Germany sample. Then since both are evenly presented, they should be evenly presented overall too.
Hope this helps!
Block_Randomisers.png

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/28925#Comment_28925Thanks Steph - I actually have 5 countries, but I think your approach would still be easier than setting up quotas etc. Thank you

Leave a Reply