Randomly display a question to respondents | XM Community
Solved

Randomly display a question to respondents

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I would like to randomize whether respondents are shown certain Text/Graphic questions. I checked the Qualtrics randomization option, but it doesn't work in this case, as it is designed to select from a set of questions a subset that will be displayed to the participants. In contrast, I need some people to be shown these questions and others to not see them. Any ideas on how could I do that?

I contacted support and I got the following answer: "You could use the randomizer feature in the survey flow to randomly set a piece of embedded data and then use that embedded data with display logic to display or not display the question". However, I am not sure how to do this exactly because I have never used these features in Qualtrics previously, maybe someone can enlighten me on how to do this more specifically?
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 5 September 2019, 19:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Here is how you would set this up: you have Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 and you only want to show Q1 &Q3 to one group and Q2 & Q4 to the other. Assign a respondent to either variable group1 or variable group2 making sure even present is on before the block. !
Then in the question blocks you can add display logic to each question based on the group1 or group2 variable
!
Hi Liberty,

thanks for your answer! Just one thing, shouldn't it be "Randomly display 1 of the following elements?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @jhernileal said:
> Hi Liberty,
>
> thanks for your answer! Just one thing, shouldn't it be "Randomly display 1 of the following elements?

Yep! you're right

Leave a Reply