Ranking and rating | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello,

I want to have respondents first rank different statements (let's say there are 20) and then have them provide a score to each of them (the first statement gets 100, and then the other statements get lower scores based on their relative importance). Is there a way I can have the respondents first rank the objectives, and then have the next question include this ranking. By this I mean having the order of the statements displayed in the order of the ranking of the previous question. I tried to do this with the display logic options but could not find how.

Thanks
Yes, but you have to use JavaScript in the follow-up question to sort the criteria based on ranking then reorder them.
Thanks Tom! Great to know it's possible. Do you know if there is a place where I can find some information about javaScript (maybe some introduction or an explanation of how to do my special need). I have no knowledge whatsoever of JavaScript.

Thanks
> @petersgu said:

> Thanks Tom! Great to know it's possible. Do you know if there is a place where I can find some information about javaScript (maybe some introduction or an explanation of how to do my special need). I have no knowledge whatsoever of JavaScript.

> Thanks

What you really want to learn is jQuery. But to learn jQuery you first have to understand HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can start here: https://www.w3schools.com/default.asp
Hi @petersgu

JavaScript is a wide topic , here are good places to learn javascript

1. W3Schools.com

2. CodeAcademy

the first one is great and free to learn

You can see the custom code section in community(this one) to see examples of custom codes.
Thank you both of you! I guess I have tons of work now. It's something I have on my to do list for years...

Leave a Reply