Record survey start | XM Community
Solved

Record survey start

Hello all,

I am currently designing a survey for my dissertation on procrastination. For this topic, recording the time the survey was started is very crucial.
However, I am only able to find a way to record the time that respondents have taken answering the survey/individual questions.

So my question is: is it possible to record the time at which respondents opened/started the survey?

Thanks in advance!
Bram
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 May 2019, 20:15

View original

5 replies

Hello @bramineter ,

We have a start date and end date survey meta data in the survey data analysis. Please see this
Hey @Shashi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that option already, however, and unfortunately the date alone is not sufficient for my research.

I am specifically wondering if there is a way to see the exact time each respondent started the survey (other than adding a question at the beginning asking what the current time is, which is currently the best I can come up with).
> Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that option already, however, and unfortunately the date alone is not sufficient for my research.
>
> I am specifically wondering if there is a way to see the exact time each respondent started the survey (other than adding a question at the beginning asking what the current time is, which is currently the best I can come up with).

Time is also captured in that survey meta data.

Other solution - You can create an embedded data and pipe in the current date time in it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yep! @Shashi answered you already but this is the format I have it spitting out the start time to me, when I extract the data to a csv.:

3/5/2019 11:01:37 AM
Thank you both for your answers.

So just to be sure, the metadata that is recorded for every response automatically includes the date + time the survey was started, as well as the time it took to complete the survey?

That would make sense, and explain why I had such a hard time finding an option anywhere to record this information, haha.

Leave a Reply