Recorded responses discrepancy | XM Community
Solved

Recorded responses discrepancy

• 17 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
I have an issue with my Recorded Responses figure. In Data & Analysis the Recorded Responses show: "47,680 (47,681)". As you can see there is a difference of 1 between these two figures and I would have thought that this extra one response would be in Responses in Progress, however I have zero Responses in Progress.

When I export these results to Excel, 47,681 responses are exported. The Vocalise dashboard also shows 47,681 responses. The reports I have set up in Classic Reports also show 47,681 responses. It is only in Data & Analysis and Reports/Results that only 47,680 responses are shown.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I would like the Recorded Responses figure to just be "47,681". I know this is only a small number but I would like to edit some embedded data to this one response (but I'm unable to do so as I can't filter it in Data & Analysis) and it affects some of my reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John
icon

Best answer by TomG 17 July 2019, 03:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
@Ketonjo...
It worked! We added embedded data to the survey flow. After re-indexing, the missing response appeared in the list. Awesome! Thanks for the input!
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Thank you John. I'm heading over to work with the staff member experiencing this issue. Taking your recommendations. Hoping it resolves their issue.
Thanks again.
Chanda
Badge
Hi Chanda,
Yes, that was the same problem I had. Adding embedded data in the Survey Flow did correct this issue. I just added embedded data I did not really need, saved the Survey Flow and this immediately corrected the issue. I then went back into Survey Flow and deleted the embedded data that I had just added.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
John
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
@Ketonjo, did adding the embedded data correct the missing response?

We have a survey that shows a discrepancy in the number of surveys completed. Additionally, a response appears in the exported CSV file, but is not visible as a recorded response in the Data & Analysis (Data) view. Is this similar to your initial issue?

Thanks.
Badge
Wow, that's worked! I added embedded data to to the Survey Flow and sure enough that one response is no longer in limbo. Thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Ketonjo said:
> Thanks Tom. I'll contact support and see what they can do.

I saw another post from @adamcasio that may be related. You might try the solution in that post to see if it also solves your issue:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/15898#Comment_15898
Badge
Thanks Tom. I'll contact support and see what they can do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
This happened to us recently where a single response got stuck in limbo. We didn't bother to pursue it. I think the only potential remedy is to contact Qualtrics Support.

Leave a Reply