Select questions showing "Question not displayed to respondent" after publishing survey | XM Community
Skip to main content
Seemingly randomly, some of the questions are not showing to select participants only and it shows this message to me "Question not displayed to respondent". As far as I know there is no skip logic or problems with the survey flow which should be making these be skipped. This has happened to half of my participants and due to the nature of the survey we can only accept surveys which are fully completed meaning I am having to discard half my data! Please can someone advise on what might be causing my survey to not show every question and how I can fix it.

Thanks
Hi @lahabh

That sounds frustrating. I know you've ruled out Display Logic, Skip Logic, and the Survey Flow as causes, but I would look for patterns in the data that might yield a clue. Are the responses with hidden questions all submitted before, or after, a given date, while the responses without hidden questions are the opposite? If so, that could be a sign of a change to the survey published after it started collecting responses. In those responses where the questions are hidden, is there another question where all the responses have the same answer? If yes, there might be a Display/Skip/Survey Flow setting hidden deep that is causing this.

You might also try generating test responses to see if any questions are not shown; that could help isolate the issue.

Good luck!

Leave a Reply