Setting a Report Filter on Progress | XM Community
Skip to main content
In Reports, when setting a filter based on Survey Metadata, is it possible to set a filter based on Progress. I have some surveys that are 75% complete or more that I would like to count, but it seems that you can only set it on Finished, which will leave out some almost completed answers.
This is not possible out-of-the-box. However, you can build in the capability. Place ebedded data markets as your survey continues:

Progress = 25

Progress=50

Progress=75

Progress=100

This will over-write the data as the user progresses, and you will be able to filter reports based off progress. Simply filter for the embedded data category.
I tried this out, and it wouldn't let me use Progress as an embedded field name since it is reserved. So I will invent a new name and try that.

I assume the "NewName=50" would be placed approximately half way through the survey?
> @BruceK said:

> I tried this out, and it wouldn't let me use Progress as an embedded field name since it is reserved. So I will invent a new name and try that.

>

> I assume the "NewName=50" would be placed approximately half way through the survey?

You nailed it, @BruceK. That should work great for you. Just place the markers wherever it is you will want to be able to filter.

You could even do BlockProgress=Block1Finished, BlockProgress=Block2Finished, etc.. if there was a ton of content. You can assign any structure that makes sense for you this way.

Leave a Reply