Setting an embedded field to indicate the most recent survey-if retake as new response is used? | XM Community
Skip to main content

We have fielded a survey, which is intended to be updated by respondents on an ongoing basis using a retake as new response link (desire to keep the history of response to analyze the changes over time). The rationale for the retake link is so that respondents can simply update the items that have changed rather than re-doing the entire survey each time. I would like to be able to flag/identify the most recent response for Qualtrics reporting purposes (include a filter for this field that only includes the most recent responses rather than the full history of responses). Any guidance/suggestions would be welcomed and much appreciated, including alternative strategies!

One of the possible way is to create an embedded data ("recent"). In survey flow before end of survey set 1. recent =1 and 2. using web service hit the update response API and set recent =0 for previous response. You can get the response Id of previous response from url

rondev Thank you for getting me started into this solution path. I have an field set in the current survey (recent=1). It is in the second step that I may need more detail, I apologize. I am not sure of the exact parameters. I would be very appreciative if you could kindly walk me through those (I am sure that is painful for you but I assure you, I am very grateful). Before survey end, I have created an embedded field called recent and set the value to 1. I have also added a web service section to the survey flow. I believe that the method would be "PUT". What would be next?

I have not tested the below, but the web service setup should be similar to this, change value wherever required
image.png"${e://Field/Q_R}" - This will give us the response id of previous response.

rondev Thank you! That works perfectly. I appreciate the support and the learning.

Leave a Reply