Special Requirements Needed | XM Community
Skip to main content
We have been constantly looking for a form that can handle the specifics requirements that we need. I may have access to a Qualtrics site license through my university, but it is moot if Qualtrics cannot meet our needs. Here is what we need:

- The creation of an anonymous identifier that is linked to each recipient. This identifier would not necessarily need to be provided to the recipient, but it would need to follow the recipient each time they complete the form. This information would be stored in the responses database so that our data analysis team could analyze the raw data without seeing the recipients’ identifiable information.

- Certain information provided by the recipients do not change from one visit to the next. Therefore, we would need a system whereby the form would skip the questions for which the responses do not change. The responses would still populate within the responses database; the questions simply would not appear to the recipient.

Based on your knowledge and expertise, can Qualtrics meet these needs?
Bump
Yes, on both counts:

1. If you use a contact list, each contact will be assigned a random contact id (aka RecipientID). You can capture this id in the data, but otherwise anonymize the responses.

2. You can save responses to specific questions to the contact list as embedded data using a contact list trigger. You can then use that embedded data to pre-populate answers to questions in subsequent surveys. To have the respondent not see the pre-populated questions would require some simple JavaScript.
Thank you very much, Tom.

- Does the contact list need to be created before the recipient completes the form, or will the form organically create the contact database as more recipients utilize the form?

- Can you walk me through the scripting needed to not show the pre-populated questions? The questions within the form are proprietary, so I cannot share that the form here; however, I presume the scripting can be generic enough to work without knowing the specific questions.
> @anonymous5776 said:

> Thank you very much, Tom.

>

> - Does the contact list need to be created before the recipient completes the form, or will the form organically create the contact database as more recipients utilize the form?

If your survey is using an anonymous link, then a contact trigger can create new contacts. However, for the process to work for future surveys where you want to prepopulate, the surveys would have to be invitation only.

> - Can you walk me through the scripting needed to not show the pre-populated questions? The questions within the form are proprietary, so I cannot share that the form here; however, I presume the scripting can be generic enough to work without knowing the specific questions.

The JS will depend on the question type. The simplest case is a text entry question where the embedded data is the default answer. The JS would be:

```

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function() {

var q = jQuery("#"+this.questionId);

if(q.find(".InputText").val().length > 0)) q.hide();

});

```
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

Leave a Reply