Survey has to bet set to "Open Access" but need to terminate if certain URLs are duplicates | XM Community
Solved

Survey has to bet set to "Open Access" but need to terminate if certain URLs are duplicates

• 19 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am currently running a survey that has to be set to "Open Access" since a reusable anonymous link is used for respondents coming from a certain source (Embedded Data: src=cnt). For all other respondents, we share unique links but these links can be re-used as well if a respondent tries to retake/share the survey (this is because of the "open Access" setting but should not happen for the unique links that so not have src=cnt). I would like to set up a termination such that: If embedded variable src does not equal cnt, then Q_URL (or another unique variable) cannot be used more than once/duplicated for the survey.

I was looking into survey flow logic/quota logic that contains a regex match but I haven't found a working solution. Please let me know if anyone has experience using both reusable links and unique links on Qualtrics!
icon

Best answer by MattBroffman_Orlando 24 February 2020, 17:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Just to clarify you are creating personal links? If so, I don't think those are reusable once the person has taken them.

You can have an anonymous link AND generate personal links through qualtrics and have the behaviour it sounds like you are describing.
Ahh yes thank you for this! I looked into the links being generated and found that they were not personal links but generic links with a unique ID appended at the end that only function as personal links when: (1) they first pass through our hub and (2) HTTP verification is turned on. Nearly all of our surveys have this set-up. I suppose if we have some respondents going through our hub (with links that should not be re-used) and some that are not, then the only option would be to create 2 separate Qualtrics projects that can then be combined for each survey.

Leave a Reply