The data is missing | XM Community
Question

The data is missing

• 6 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
We revised the programming of one question but not published, when we downloaded the data, we found the original data of this question are all missing. Could you help specify how to recover or find those missing data

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Before you go to far, I'd recommend reverting back and then downloading your data.
Often times if we are going to edit an active survey we'll make a copy and export and import the data so we have all the responses.
Here's an overview of what changes you can make to an active survey: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/testing-and-editing-an-active-survey/#EditingAnActiveSurvey
This also suggest reverting any changes to get your data back.
Also, I don't recall the changes having an impact until you publish so feel free to share more on what changes you made because maybe it's something different than what you described here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
If you totally deleted a question, then it is gone. If you simply re-coded the answer scale on a question that still exists, the answers are still there, but they have simply been converted to the new scale you've dictated.

You can try the method above of reverting changes; if you still haven't published you might be in the clear! You can also try to reach out to support to see if they can do anything to recover lost data. If I recall correctly- one time I accidentally deleted some responses, and they were able to recover them within 30 days.

Leave a Reply