Tracking Answers and Displaying Results | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am running a survey where participants are given a target % for their response classifications, and I can't figure out how to track and display their choices that they have made so far in the survey.
For example, in a ten question survey the goal is for Choice A to be selected 50% of the time (and Choices 😎 to be selected the other 50% of the time). I would like to have a descriptive text at the bottom of each question stating something like: "You have chosen Choice A 4 times out of 7 responses." This would be on question 8. Then they would answer question 8, and the numbers would update for the next question ("You have chosen Choice A 5 out of 8 responses." if they chose A for question 😎.
I imagine this is possible using embedded data and JavaScript, but cannot figure out how. Any held would be appreciated!

You can use a footer message along with scoring for this.
I would set up your scoring first:
In your survey, under "Tools" navigate to scoring. Drop down the category "Score" and select "Manage Categories" Click "Score" and rename your category to "Choice A Score". Then, add a new category for "Total Questions Answered" and click "save".
Now set up your scoring for each category by using the drop down for "category". You'll want to place a 1 on each of the 'A' selections (ONLY 'A' answer choices, do not put a score on the other answer choices) when the drop down category shows "Choice A Score". Switch your category to "Total Questions Answered" and place a 1 on EVERY answer choice. This solution assumes you do not have multi-select questions. Once complete, "go back to editor".
In your Look and Feel, go to "General", navigate to "Footer" and click "edit" below the footer.
In the footer you would type in "You have chosen Choice A times [insert piped text for Choice A Score] out of responses insert piped text for Total Questions Answered Score]" (Insert piped text for your scoring categories by going to {A} icon --> Scoring). Then save your look and feel.
Make sure you have a page break in between each question, publish your survey, and test to see the footer at the bottom of the page throughout your survey,

Perfect, thank you Paige!

Leave a Reply