Translate features of Drill Down Question | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi all,

I developed a drill down question. I would like to ask if it is possible for me to also translate this question into "translate" features in Qualtrics?

I tried inputting the translated version into the "translate" features, however, when I preview the survey, it did not work.

Thank you for your help.
Hello @Sherly ,

While Creating Translation for Drill Down Question in translate tab we get the option to upload different file for that particular translation.
Hi @Shashi , Yes, I upload a different document with the translation, but I don't know why it did not change to the one that I uploaded (translated version), it was still original version.
Hi @Shashi ! Thanks for your help. I tried it again. I think before because my network, I think I already save it, but it turns that I have not saved it! Thank you.

Hello Sherly ,
Where do you get the option to upload a different file?
Is it an option for every drill-down question in the survey (which I do not see) or a general file that you upload here (see photo)?
image.jpegThanks!

pablobaldor
You can just download the export file with just headers of language and write your translations within it and import it. There isn't a separate way to import anything specifically for dropdown. It works just fine.
image.png
Hope it helps!

Hi all, these answers were very helpful. I’ve managed to translate a drill down list of countries for respondents to answer where they come from. However, the alphabetical order of the country list in English and French is different (see image attached). I’ve tested my survey and it looks like this will lead to wrong results. For example, when I input “Azerbaïdjan” in French, the results (shown in English, the base language) read it as “Bangladesh” because of the place they have in the alphabetically ordered list. Can you think of a way around it without having to show French-speaking respondents a non-alphabetically ordered list? Thanks in advance!

Leave a Reply