Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared... | XM Community
Solved

Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared...

I am Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared... How do I restore it? I used it to populate a survey. I have now copied that survey and need to make edits to the list of values. It is 120 values long. I want to replace _enmasse_. Any Ideas?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2018, 17:07

View original

10 replies

Trying to edit a list of drop down values - "Edit Multiple Selections" has disappeared...Thank you, this solved it.

> @Shashi said:
> > @jdmunter said:
> > @Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.
>
> !
>
> See Here
>

I've encountered this many times where I published my survey and after collecting the results i want to re-use that survey but the edit multiple disappears even after you copy it to a new one. The way you fix this is to create a new survey and import your old survey into it:

1) Create a new project

2) At the bottom of the default block click on "Import Questions From..."

3) Select your old survey and click "Import Entire Survey"

Now you should have a new survey with the old survey questions and settings the same but now the "Edit Multiple" feature is enabled.

I don't know why they don't just let the edit multiple be enabled after you copy to new, and make you have to go use this work around.
> @jdmunter said:
> @Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.

!

See Here
@Shashi , thanks, while it is awkward editing QSF files directly, those steps did work. do you know why the option disappears.
thanks, I tried that option also and it did not resolve the issue. the edit multiple selections option is still not available.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
hello @jdmunter ,

can you try creating a dummy survey add same question there and check if the option appears there?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @jdmunter ,
You could try making a copy of that question and then check if you get the option of editing multiple. Not sure that this will 100% be the solution. You could just give it a try if refreshing and Re-logging in doesn't work. 🙂
_Again if you have started data collection for your survey you wont be able to see the edit multiple option._
Hello @jdmunter ,

Export the survey from tools option and then import it again. The edit multiple option will appear.

OR find the solution in this thread
thanks for your answer but unfortunately that did not help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
try refreshing browser, or come out of survey and than again enter to edit. it happen sometime with dropdown.

Leave a Reply