Unique IDs: compare current respondent with previous recorded answers | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi folks,
I have a survey distributed through an anonymous link. A recruitment company is sending participants to it. I do not know any of their info in advance, but the company passes unique IDs for each participant through URL parameters and I have those as embedded data.
I need to identify repeat participants based on that unique ID so I can skip some of the questions they were asked when they first took the survey. That would require somehow comparing the embedded data for the current participant with that for previous recorded answers to the same survey. Any pointers as to how I might be able to do that?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks!

This is not solution to your question, but just a way to avoid repeated respondents in this survey setup/ scenario. So in the first survey you could have added a contact list trigger which will add the unique id in that contact list. Now at the start of the survey add authenticator on that contact list and unique id, if authenticated show them EOS message that you have already taken the survey else continue with survey.

Thanks - that seems promising! So perhaps the solution to my problem may be:
1) Add a contact list trigger to record the respondents who take the survey with their embedded unique ID as the 'External Data Reference'
2) Add an authenticator that uses the contact list (I guess the pre-fill would help me hide it from respondents as they do not know their IDs and should not have to interact with the authenticator)
3) Add questions for repeat respondents inside the authenticator, and for first-time respondents outside the authenticator.
At a glance, I think this might work!

Or better yet, maybe I just set an embedded data flag for repeat respondent inside the authenticator, an use it to then skip some questions outside of it. Neat!

Unique IDs: compare current respondent with previous recorded answersYes this will be better

Leave a Reply