Using randomizer on a group | XM Community
Skip to main content
I am trying to use the randomizer on 2 groups each containing two blocks. I am using the randomizer in the survey flow in order to present these groups. I want each group to be presented 4 times within the randmizer. Is this possible and if yes then how? Secondly when I check "Evenly present items" and save the flow, it autmatically gets unchecked. Why is that so?

This is how the flow looks like:

!

Thanks!
The Evenly Present Elements will only stay checked if the number of elements presented is less than the total number of elements.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'presented 4 times'. You can repeat the same block of questions multiple times in the survey flow, but if they are executed multiple times, then only the answers from the last time will be saved in the response data. Assuming you don't want that, you would have to copy your blocks 3 times and add them to the randomizer under additional groups.
@TomG maybe my understanding of the randomizer is not correct. When I use randomizer, does it randomize the order of groups?

I essentially want to repeat each group 4 times but in a random order. So I basically make copies of the same group three more times then?

Thanks
> @R_I said:

> @TomG maybe my understanding of the randomizer is not correct. When I use randomizer, does it randomize the order of groups?

> I essentially want to repeat each group 4 times but in a random order. So I basically make copies of the same group three more times then?

> Thanks

Yes, the randomizer randomizes all its immediate children. In your case that is groups. However, if you copy the groups then you will just be executing the question blocks within the groups multiple times. Qualtrics will only record answers for a question block once. For example, if Block 27 is included in more than one group, then Qualtrics will only record the answers for the last time Block 27 was answered.

Leave a Reply