Using scores to finish/carry on with survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
I just had a quick question - my thesis is on stalking behaviours and I will be providing a behavioural measure (most likely on a likert scale). I was wondering if I can score participants answers up and if they meet a threshold (such as a score of 10 or above), I can let those respondents carry on with the study, whereas if they score below this, am I able to have them finish the study there and then. I am aware that you can score participants answers up, however I was unsure if you can then use these scores to change the route of the survey, i.e. carry on to more questions or to stop the survey?
Many thanks for your time.

AFTER the question block where the respondents finish up all the questions required to get their score, I would set an embedded data field within your survey flow that records their score like this (Note: just use "Score", not "WeightedMean", if you want the sum of scores):
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 7.41.06 PM.pngThen, underneath the embedded data field, create a branch based off of the value of the embedded data field that you created for your score. For example, mine might look something like this:
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 7.45.55 PM.pngUnderneath the branch, add the question blocks that you would like to show to only people that have a "'withdrawal' score less than or equal to 10" (or whatever your version of this is).
Does this help? Do you have any other questions?

Thank you so much for your advice and quick reply! I really appreciate it!!

Leave a Reply