What does Complaints on an email list mean? | XM Community
Solved

What does Complaints on an email list mean?

• 8 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I sent a survey out recently to a large amount of people. On the email distribution tab it shows the number of surveys started, finished, etc. It also shows the number of complaints. What do the complaints mean and is there a way for me to find out what the user(s) are complaining about?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by JenCX 9 April 2019, 00:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
It means that people are marking your survey as spam. You can find out more about this here:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/email-distribution-management/#MonitoringEmailDistributions

Hello - on this topic- how do we see "Who" marked it as spam? The Download Distribution does not provide this in the Excel output file? Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey @suneetraniga

Qualtrics unfortunately does not offer the ability to see who Complained. This may be due to security concerns but additionally, as documentation states, complaints could derive from the host (EX: Microsoft) marking the email as spam, or the respondent marking it as spam. If the respondent marks it as spam, they will be opted out of your mailing list.

Seeing who opted out could aid in narrowing the results down.

I hope this helps!

Leave a Reply