Embedded data via Web Service from other survey isn't working | XM Community
Question

Embedded data via Web Service from other survey isn't working

• 19 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I have two surveys: respondent gets survey A and if a specific answer is given survey B is sent to another person for a follow up on this. I want to have the answers of survey B as embedded data in survey A and therefore set up a web service - see below:

Unfortunately this is not working as the answers can somehow not be connected.

When I click on the test button next to the URL it says “The web service returned no fields.” and when further clicking on view raw data it says “Illegal request-target: Invalid input '{', expected pchar, '/', '?' or 'EOI' (line 1, column 20)”.

In survey A I have the embedded data fields set on “Panel/URL” but they return empty, even if there is something filled in in survey B...

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

Thanks a lot!

Sophie

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Either the surveyId and/or responseId is incorrect. The surveyId should be the id of survey A and ${e://Field/Reference_Response_ID} should be a responseId in survey A.

The test button won’t work unless you replace the piped values with actual values.

Badge +4

Thanks for your answer, I have checked on both and both are correct - the survey ID is the one of survey A and the reference_response_id matches with the response ids in survey B

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Thanks for your answer, I have checked on both and both are correct - the survey ID is the one of survey A and the reference_response_id matches with the response ids in survey B

reference_response_id must match a response id in Survey A. 

Badge +4

reference_response_id must match a response id in Survey A. 

it does!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @sophie_gr ,

How are you fetching the Response ID’s from survey A? Is is via URL or via Contact list?

Can you try to test the webservice by replacing the ${e://Field/Reference_Response_ID} with an actual Response ID from survey A, and then include the JSON payload as below to test:

{"Docu_Q3":"test","Docu_Timestamp":"test"}

Make sure that you have embedded data “Docu_Q3” and “Docu_Timestamp” in Survey A.

Also make sure that you are adding the Response ID as per below format before clicking test.

Hope this should allow you to go one step ahead and check what could be the exact issue.

Leave a Reply