Is there a way to override automatic language selection when using a web intercept? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I use a web intercept to trigger a customer feedback survey in six languages. The customer wants the survey to be displayed in the webshop language by default. As far as I know, Qualtrics sets the default language using the browsing language which is not what our customer wants. Can I tell the web intercept to pull the language information from the webshop (which uses ISO codes somewhat different from those required by Qualtrics) instead of the browsing language (which may or may not be the same)? In another survey on the same webshop, I simply created one link for each of the six languages which was then implemented behind a CTA for every language version of the webshop, but this seems impossible when using an intercept. Would it also be possible to use JS to pass on the language in this instance, given that I do not have the option to simply create six different links in this case? Many thanks for your help!

Yes you can change the default language using JS and punch it in backend.
You will need the Qualtrics's backend country specific codes and then save it in an embedded variable. After that just use below change function.

jQuery("#Q_lang").change()

Cool, many thanks for your help! I have one follow-up question though: Does this function need to go into "onReady" or "onLoad" (not "onUnload", presumably)? Any ideas what the best option would be here? Many thanks!

OnReady should work fine.

Leave a Reply