one survey for each specific article for embedded website feedback | XM Community
Question

one survey for each specific article for embedded website feedback

• 5 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to set up an intercept with the embedded feedback on a website. The website contains various articles, and my objective is to gather feedback for each article, utilizing its unique article ID as embedded data. Since the URL changes for each article and displays the article ID, this data will be utilized. The survey questions should be the same for each article.

I would like to set the condition as ‘Once the survey has been taken, the user shouldn’t see the survey again for that article’ That means, if a user completes the survey for article 1, they won't encounter it again, but they should still see the survey for articles 2 and 3 until they complete those.

To achieve this, I've configured the advanced options within the action set as follows:

• Display options : ‘replace creative contents’ & Same size as creative   
  • Action Set Sample Rate : 100% & If not sampled, continue to next Action set.. Creation Insertion Point : ‘the name of the HTML container on the website’

And I set the ‘Options’ as follows:

• Intercept display event : ‘Display when the web page loads (On Load)
  • Display sample rate: 100%
  • Hide when cookies are disabled
  • Hide when local storage is disabled

I managed to make it functional by duplicating the survey according to the number of articles and establishing distinct action sets as follows:

Action Set 1 :

If javascript expression – Article ID – Equal to – 1

AND - Qualtrics Survey - Article Number 1 – Has Not Been Taken

Creative : Article

Target : Article Number 1

Action Set 2 :

If javascript expression – Article ID – Equal to – 2

AND - Qualtrics Survey - Article Number 2 – Has Not Been Taken

Creative : Article

Target : Article Number 2

and it goes on like above.

My inquiry is whether there is an alternative method to achieve what I desire without resorting to survey duplication.

Many thanks in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @sdevrez,
You can use this https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/edit-intercept-section/action-set-options/adding-event-tracking-triggering/#TriggeringanEvent to modify cookies if someone click on the take survey button and then use that as condition instead of duplicating survey for the condition usage.

Hope this helps

Badge +1

Hello @Nam Nguyen , 

Thank you for your response. However, unfortunately there is no survey button. 

The survey is placed in the end of all the article as an embedded feedback. There is nothing to trigger the survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @Nam Nguyen , 

Thank you for your response. However, unfortunately there is no survey button. 

The survey is placed in the end of all the article as an embedded feedback. There is nothing to trigger the survey.

Then you can trigger at creative display instead of interaction, however there’s a catch: The event will go off at the start of the survey, you won’t know if they completed.

Badge +1

Hello @Nam Nguyen , 

I appreciate your reply, but completing the survey is also necessary. If the survey remains incomplete, it needs to be addressed.

In this case, would duplicating the survey for each article be a viable solution? Thank you

Leave a Reply