Approval of survey response by third party | XM Community
Solved

Approval of survey response by third party

• 4 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
Our students are required to fill out a special survey form to get approval for certain classes. I've built the survey form but I also need the responses to be sent out to the faculty member for review. I know I can use an email trigger to send this out. What is critical is that I need a way for the faculty member to approve the survey form and have it track that approval. What I want is a way for the faculty member to click something indicating they approve the contract and that response is linked to the survey form the student filled out so I can see which contracts have been approved and which ones are still waiting for approval.

Is this even possible?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 4 October 2019, 15:13

View original

5 replies

Yes, I'm also looking for a very similar function through email triggers for students to submit and have their submission approved by faculty through the email trigger. Any insight into this would be fantastic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@caglidden - Yes this is possible. What you want to do is research Retake Links (either retake link or retake as a new response link will work). You can build this retake link in your survey flow and append a new embedded data to the end of the survey flow, such as Reviewer=true. Then setup a question that only displays if Reviewer=true in the survey.

How this will work is the student fills out the survey / an email trigger sends the retake link to the teacher with the appended data / teacher reviews forms and now there is a new question "Approve" at the end.

Here is the support page on retake links. I consider it a best practice to build the retake link in the survey flow.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
@Akdashboard thank you for the retake links info. I am still confused to how to build this into the survey flow. Currently, I have a block that has questions with display logic that ties into the student block but using the retake link didn't work and the block doesn't display. I figure the display logic needs to apply to the whole block not the individual questions and the survey flow is the way to do this but I'm unsure how.
Can you provide more information on how to set this up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
If you do display logic to the whole block then your display logic will never work. If you have logic that says show and record questions from block A for students, then you have reviewers seeing block B, then the reviewers will never see the inputs in block A. The display logic NEEDS TO APPLY TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTION.
Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/6335/approval-of-survey-response-by-third-partyI am trying to build a very similar survey with two approvals - one for faculty and one for the director. However I can't seem to get the second approval process to work. I have read so many posts about this but still am stuck! I even watched Clint's video from last year. Any help would be appreciated! Or even seeing how the OP built out their survey flow and workflow processes.

Leave a Reply