"Be sure to finish configuring the workflow" Error | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, I have a non-authenticated web service workflow on a survey. No matter what I do, it keeps saying "Be Sure to Finish Configuring the Workflow". Qualtrics sees the workflow as being incomplete, therefore I cannot enable it on my survey.
I've made sure everything is filled out properly on the workflow. There's no outstanding fields that need to be filled in. Everything is proper. Even when I create an entirely new workflow from scratch, the same issue happens. This issue is preventing me from getting work done. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
Images attached.
QualtricsWorkflowBug3Safe.png
QualtricsWorkflowBug1Safe.pngQualtricsWorkflowBug2Safe.png

Following up on my own post. I believe I isolated the problem. In my web service task, I'm using JSON free text. So, I'm specifying a raw JSON body as the payload to send to my server's endpoint. I had a key-value pair in this payload that had an empty value. For instance,
{ "Key" : "" }
If you leave the value empty like that, then the configuration will not be considered complete. It appears that Qualtrics' validation is not allowing empty values like this. To be fair, you wouldn't expect empty data to be in your JSON. I actually had it in there as a leftover relic from some testing I was doing.

Leave a Reply