Best way to fetch responses for multiple surveys (around 10K) on daily basis ? | XM Community

Best way to fetch responses for multiple surveys (around 10K) on daily basis ?

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,
Currently I am able to fetch responses for survey_id as per the process mentioned here - https://api.qualtrics.com/ZG9jOjg3NzY3MA-getting-survey-responses-via-the-new-export-ap-is
But if I had to loop through and fetch survey responses associated with 10K surveys one (survey_id) after other, it takes multiple hours. Is there a better way to fetch responses for all surveys setup by admin user or org_id etc ? This way instead of fetching response for each survey, I can call API to fetch responses for all surveys at once ?
Using POST exportresponse, fetch progress_id, get file in json format
Let know if more details needed

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

kart417
The two ways as you know is the Response Export Automation and the API as you have mentioned. Yes, it does take time but these are the only approaches also and they only export survey-wise. For complete automation you can do either of these:
You can list all the surveys within the account and use their IDs to punch in within the response export API and run it in a loop if you would want to automate it.
OR
Another option and I recommend it you can create stand-alone workflows for all your surveys to export data that run in the backend and give you the desired data when needed and run it when you don't see many responses coming in. (hopefully midnight)
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply