Generate multiple survey links in one email ? | XM Community
Solved

Generate multiple survey links in one email ?

• 19 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everybody, I could use some help.
The issue is that I have more than 60 different surveys to send (we can’t merge them using logic branch they have to be separate) to more than 200 contacts.
I was wandering if it’s possible to generate links from several surveys in only one email or if it is possible to create a “cockpit page/survey” which redirect to the other surveys.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😀

icon

Best answer by CamM 11 November 2021, 07:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Sylvain, I'll take a shot at trying to answer this...
I don't believe there is any way to dynamically generate links from multiple surveys for inclusion in a single individual email distribution. This is namely because email distributions are inherently linked to the specific survey against which they were created.
Working on the assumption that the same 200+ contacts are invited/required to complete the same 60+ surveys, I have an idea about how you could possibly approach this -:
Pre-work / What You'll Need to Set Up

1. Create an email distribution that will be used for all 200+ contacts for survey #1.

2. Obtain the Anonymous Links for all remaining surveys.

3. Create a Worfklow in survey #1 that triggers when a survey response is captured. The Task for this Workflow is an Email Send (which will contain the Anonymous Links for all remaining surveys).

4. In each of your remaining surveys, configure an Authenticator element at the start of their respective Survey Flows, referencing your Contact List (i.e. containing the 200+ contacts) and authenticating based on email address or some other such unique value that you have recorded against each contact.

How It (Theoretically) All Comes Together
  1. Your email distribution for survey #1 goes out to all 200+ contacts

2. Upon completion of the survey, each respondent receives a subsequent email containing the details and weblinks for all remaining surveys.

3. When the respondent clicks into one of these additional surveys, they are challenged to "authenticate" themselves, essentially by entering their email address (or whatever other unique value you've determined).

4. Upon successfully authenticating, the respondent can complete the survey.

5. Respondent can rinse and repeat for all other remaining surveys.

I have skipped over a few details in the above, but hopefully you get the idea of how this could/would work and can determine whether it would meet your needs? Even if it's not quite what you're after, hopefully it gives you some ideas.
Cheers,
Cameron

Hi CamM,
Thank you for your time and your explainations 🙂
As you assume your explainations give me some ideas to meet my needs. However I'll stil need to run some test to be sure.
Thanks again,
Sylvain

Leave a Reply