How do I create a public survey so that users can complete it only once a day(24hours)? | XM Community

How do I create a public survey so that users can complete it only once a day(24hours)?

• 12 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am creating a public survey which anyone can take.
There will be input for Email Id & Questions. I would like to apply condition that a user can submit the survey only once per day(i.e., only one submission for every 24hours).
Email id provided by the user to be used to identify & block the duplicate response.
I cannot use prevent multiple submission because the user should be able to take the survey after 24hours of his previous submission.
Any help would be appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

KoriDharanesha
If you're asking the respondent their email address you can use an authenticator to block them from re-entering the survey. Once you do that have a workflow in place to create a contact in mailing list for whoever has responded to the survey and push their email address field which you are using to authenticate and push the date field which is available as metadata in Qualtrics. Use the same date field as branch logic below the authenticator to check if 24 hours have passed from the last response. It would be like :
image.png
Hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks Deepak for your response, I have few questions in what you have suggested:
1)Where this Date field is coming from, what I can see is:
image.png2)Whether the date field is from Contacts or Survey?. If Survey then if a user has already responded for 2 times. How to decide which date it will pick first response date or second response date?
Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

KoriDharanesha

1. It is in the value you see in the image below. But keep this embedded data empty and just create it in workflow task.

image.png2 You need to create a workflow that will update the contact's date whenever they take a response you need to use XM Directory Task (qualtrics.com) to create a contact and update the data each time they take a response. Kindly keep the same embedded data empty in survey flow it will be filled from contacts.
image.png
Hope it helps!

Badge

Thanks Deepak,
Based on your suggestions I am close to the requirements but still I am facing small issue.
After submitting the survey Directory Task is taking sometime to update the CDate field in contacts(example say 30seconds). If I try to submit the survey once again within this 30seconds it is accepting for the second time. How this can be overcome? Please suggest.
Below is my configuration.
1) Survey flow:
image.png2)Created Directory Task as below:
image.pngimage.png
image.pngThanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51004#Comment_51004Yes, there would be some delay in this case as you said 30 seconds. But this cannot be overcome in an ideal scenario no respondent will fill it in 30 seconds again I believe. Anybody will atleast need 30 sec to actually realise that something went wrong and think to fill again.
If you're taking the test survey from preview link i would suggest try via anonymous link i am not sure why but I have seen workflows running faster in that scenario.
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply