How do I trigger a reminder email based on survey progress? | XM Community
Skip to main content

So I've got a post-project survey built that I am going to distribute individually when needed. Instead of adding a reminder to it every time I send a distribution, I was trying to find a way using triggers or workflows (or something else) to send a reminder after a number of days with progress under 100%.
Progress variant exists under Metadata, so I guess I can use it. But the problem is to add it as a condition to trigger a reminder email, and also add a second condition to be the number of days since the initial invite was sent.
Not sure if this is even possible in Qualtrics. Any ideas, please?
Thanks

Hi!
If you upload the recipients as a target list on the survey to send out the survey invite email you can set a reminder(s) to that invite to fire off after X number of days. The reminder would only go out to "unfinished respondents".
image.png Not sure if that helps, but could be a possible solution.
All the best
-Mattias

Thank you MattiasM for answering my question.
Yes, there's the option to schedule a reminder after an invite.
Even better than that would be if it were possible to:
a) Setup that reminder even before the invite
b) setup that reminder to go out based on the number of days since the invite was sent, not since the moment the reminder is setup.
It looks like none of those options are available right now
Thanks again

JaimeV You can set up your reminder schedule immediately after scheduling the invite, even before the invite actually goes out.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/45219#Comment_45219Hello and good morning from a cloudy and windy Sweden!
As InessaG says, you can set these before the invite even goes out. It does require you to tell the send batch when you want the reminders to go out.
Check the example I made below:
image.pngInitial send on the 9th, then two reminders scheduled for all Unfinished Respondents on the 11th and 13th.
All the best
-Mattias

Thanks all for your answers.

Scheduling reminder distributions is nice, but (for other reasons) I think your original question was important - it would be helpful to be able to trigger actions using metadata on in-progress cases, not just recorded ones.

Leave a Reply