How to auto-send email notification when a sub-ticket is created for a team | XM Community
Solved

How to auto-send email notification when a sub-ticket is created for a team

• 9 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I've done some tests which shows that; a sub-ticket creation can only send email notification to the field called "owner email", which means that it works when a sub-ticket is created and assigned to a single user. However, when it's assigned to a team (or "role"), the field "owner email" becomes empty, which means no notification will be sent. (It's very wired because ticket reassignment can trigger email notification to both user or team; but not for sub-ticket).
So, I also tried to create an action in survey, based on "ticket event" - "sub-ticket created", but I don't know what kind of pipe-text to put in the "email to" box in the email task. I don't want to put the actual email addresses of all the team members and set-up for different kinds of conditions (e.g. team = XXX) which is just unmanageable.
icon

Best answer by ChristianB 22 July 2020, 17:29

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi xiangyu! I don't believe there is any piped text option for the tickets owners of a sub-ticket unfortunately. So the only current option would be to create the conditions for multiple actions as you described. If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team!

ChristianB
Hi,
Is there any chance (also including JS) to set up email in Actions Tab to take data from the file.
***Short description:
in questionnaire we have list of options e.g. A, B, C. If option A is chosen then email notification is sent to group of people e.g. Group 1. If option B - to Group 2 etc. But we would like to set up it from the file or other predefined list.
We have ~100 options to choose and it can change every week. So updating list of options affects email notification. It needs to be set up from the begging (means 3 hours of manual work).
I'd appreciate help in this :)

JaonnaZ
Yes, you can do that.
First you need to add the embedded data fields in the survey flow:
image.png
Then you can use pipe text in the action tab (survey event) - email task.
Input the embedded data field you want to take from the file:
image.png

XiangyuHong
Thank you for response 🙂

what if list of options A, B, C ..(that are drop down list) is changed? Do we need to set up email in action tab from the beginning?

is there any way to set up it that options from drop down list are taken from other source (the same source where we have split Option vs Group of contacts )?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

HI XiangyuHong JaonnaZ,
Just came across this and wanted to let you know that I've managed to create a subticket notification to a group (Team) of people by using the ticket workflow part of the system.
image.png
Hope that helps

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply