Longitudinal Study with 3-month and 6-month follow up | XM Community

Longitudinal Study with 3-month and 6-month follow up

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello,
I am trying to figure out the best way to create triggers for an intervention with a 3-month and 6-month follow up. Participants will be taking the intervention component on a rolling basis after which they will receive the 3-month follow up exactly 3 months from when they take the intervention and 6 months from when they take the intervention.
Although it is fairly easy to create a workflow in which participants automatically receive emails with the 3-month and 6-month follow up. What I am finding to be difficult is how to automate the reminders. We normally send out weekly reminders to participants up until their 6-month follow up and control for time. Moreover, we send out weekly reminders for the 6-month follow up until 9 months later. I am stumped on how to do it short of creating a contact list every couple of weeks and then scheduling specific contacts from the list to go out at a specific date and then distributing it under the distributions tab and scheduling reminders manually on a weekly basis...There is probably an easier way in workflows to do this but I am not aware of this functionality since it seems like Qualtrics limits the number of reminders that can be sent out under one workflow to only a few.
Thanks in advance for your help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

mailysteers
Have you tried creating segments based on a date field which you can include as embedded data within contacts and then having a distribution automation run on the segments?
Hope it makes it easier for you!

Badge +4

Thank you so much, Deepak for your response. I am trying to look into segments but it looks like I need to have the brand administrator approve the segments features for me to access? I can't seem to see any of the options in my Qualtrics account. Is there another way that you can think of that doesn't require brand administrator approval? Also, are you suggesting that I create an embedded data field that automatically indicates when the 3- month and 6 month are distributed based on when they finished the survey? I am just trying to make sure I understand the logic of what you are proposing....

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

mailysteers
If you do not have access to the Segments the next best approach is to calculate the date within the survey. In your case
response date , response date + 6 months, response date +3 months, response date+ 9 months, etc(whenever you would like to send reminders). You need to do this via Javascript.
Once done, push these dates in different embedded data. Post which you can use webservice task with these 2 API's
Create Email Distribution
Reminder Email Distribution
This will work for you.

Badge +4

Deepak we have contacted Qualtrics support and they said our basic plan doesn't include the segments or automentation option...Can this be achieved via workflows instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

mailysteers
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/52203#Comment_52203The above approach is the one via workflow you need a webservice task enabled for it

Badge +4

Thank you so much @Deepak! I will look into this option.

Leave a Reply