Send email to participant during the survey with embedded data in the email content? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi everyone,
I wanted to send an email to the participant during the survey with the following requirements.
1) It should be sent when a certain button on a certain page is pressed - I know this can be done by setting a condition in the email trigger.
2) In the email content, I would need to include a variable, whose value depends on the progress of the survey. Therefore, I assume it should be an embedded data. I was wondering if this is possible.
Thank you in advance for the help!

Sending email during the survey is possible by using web service and email distribution api.

Thank you, rondev.
Could you please elaborate on how to implement email distribution api so I can achieve what I wanted? I haven't done this before, so would probably need some guidance to move forward.
Thanks!

Yes, this would be useful to my mind - so that participant can confirm it's THEIR email address, etc. mid-survey before continuing...
Easy to fire a web service off, but can Qualtrics send the email off easily.. there must be a way of doing this, TRIGGERs are full completed responses... ?

Alternatively.... You can have the email request qustion in one survey. Upon submission, launch a workflow for email distribution task, which will send an email to the submitted email address with a link to the 2nd survey.

Yup, thanks InessaG, I tried that, and it indeed worked. That's great, thanks

@tlan @JBrim Did you ever find a solution to execute this in the same survey? Not having to create and link multiple surveys together.

@rondev Do you have any resources to point me to on how to execute this using web services or the email api distribution? When pulling up api email distribution I am only seeing documentation regarding initial survey distribution, not using embedded data to send an email for a survey that is “in progress” and hasn’t been completed.

Leave a Reply