Using Qualtrics to create a workflow with multiple respondents | XM Community

Using Qualtrics to create a workflow with multiple respondents

• 21 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Qualtrics is a great tool for collecting information (without a paper form!). But what if you have several players in the process for completing a form.
Here is the scenario - Students who would like to participate in an internship must follow a specific approval process. After the student obtains the form they must follow the steps below:

1. Student completes Section 1 with their information.

2. Form automatically is sent to employer.

3. The employer completes Section 2 with internship information.

4. Form automatically is sent to faculty supervisor

5. Faculty supervisor completes Section 3 and signs.

6. Student reviews and signs if in agreement.

7. Form automatically is sent to dean of school.

8. Dean reviews and signs.

9. Form automatically is sent to department admin for registration.

We have several departments on campus that need this same type of process. The issue that we are running into is that using the retake link to save the data also means that information entered can potentially be changed by any of the participants. For example, in this scenario, the employer enters the pay rate for the internship. Students could potentially change this amount.
In the other projects, we've troubleshooted a great deal with different survey designs, but we always come back to how can we protect the data from being altered (should someone decide to do that)?
Any thoughts or experience with this process that might help me sort through possibilities and a solution?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Each step should be a separate survey. Use a contact list/directory to store the form information from each survey into the student's contact data. Populate the necessary data from previous steps as embedded data fields from the contact list.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

TomG Thank you so much!
I had looked at the instructions on the Qualtrics site here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/pulling-data-into-a-second-survey-longitudinal-surveys/. Is this what you are referring to?
I need to revisit this option and figure out how to make it work because I think it's exactly what we need.
Thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51151#Comment_51151Yes, that details the approach I recommended.

Leave a Reply