Target Audience, Panel Management | XM Community

Target Audience, Panel Management

Hello, I am going to be launching a screener soon to collect internal respondents. I was wondering if you all had some best practices to share for successful panel management. Below are a few that I have come across, please share more!

1. Set up embedded data fields that you want to track
2. Set up a contact trigger list
3. Add recipentID as an embedded datafield
4. For each survey that I sent to panel respondents, add embedded datafield "surveyresponsenumber"=$e{ e://Field/ScreenerComplete + 1 }" to keep track of how many survey the respondent has responded to.

2 replies

Thank you! Super helpful, if you discover more...let me know!! Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I would add a component about fields to track survey batches.

I use Target Audience to assist with transnational surveys. For every batch that goes out, there is of course the sample from the Mailing List you use. I always add an embedded data field that I call "KEY" and I put a date code "05252018" so I can see when I initially _sent_ the respondent the survey.

I also use a "SURVEY" embedded field with the survey title in it. This gets re-written every time a participant gets sent a new survey. This lets me know which one their most recent survey was.

And I would alter #1 to say, set up embedded data fields to track _anything you can track_ 🙂. I find that my stakeholders often come back after a project is done and ask, "Well can you break that out by zip code? By income? By X thing I didn't tell you I want, but now I want?". If I am careful to include all possible data points, rather than the ones they say they want, I can come back quickly and say "Well our database doesn't give me that info" or "I can get you the zip codes but the results are insignificant".

Leave a Reply