🌿 Spring Has Sprung | Badge of the Month | April 2021 | XM Community

🌿 Spring Has Sprung | Badge of the Month | April 2021

Badge +48

DSX Badge of The Month.pngHOW TO PARTICIPATE:

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic or activity for you to participate in and to help get the conversation going. Depending on the difficulty or complexity of the question / challenge, we will keep it open for 1 week or 2 weeks to ensure you have enough time to participate.
When the new Badge of the Month question / topic / activity is posted, please feel free to leave a comment and invite others in the community to join in the conversation! If you see an opinion you can relate to or would love to hear more about what that person thinks, feel free to engage with each other and ask additional questions. All community members who contribute to the post with a thoughtful comment, and engage with others will receive a badge.

BADGE OF THE MONTH | APRIL 2021 

Participate in this month's discussion between April 5 and April 30 to receive this badge worth 10 points. If you miss out on responding to this post, don't worry, we plan to have a new challenge every month so you can pop back in next time for your chance to participate, connect with others, and earn a badge!
Question: What song makes you think of Spring and why? Alternatively, what is your favorite song to play while working or commuting?
Spring has sprung here in Provo, Utah! Spring can represent many different feelings, sensations, and phases of life. How does Spring make you feel? Maybe this season is a new beginning for you, or Spring is simply a reminder that Summer is almost here. Do you associate any songs with Spring? Tell us about a song or songs that instantly transport you to Spring. Can’t think of a song that reminds you of Spring? Share your favorite music to listen to while working or commuting. Feel free to include a link to the piece! 

21 replies

Badge +48

🎵 Hi everyone! 🎵
While I would never claim to be a true classical music fan, I have a few classical songs on my phone that I love. One of which is In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg. Something about that song feels like Spring to me. When I think of Spring, I think of the sun on my skin, vitality, growth, nature, and the color green!  Whenever I hear this piece, I instantly picture flowers blooming and plants sprouting at an increasingly fast pace, as both Spring and the song crescendo! The song feels like a transformation, similar to how Spring transforms our surroundings.
Here is a link to In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

As a music lover it's hard to choose, but I think I can nominate two if that's ok.

The first one is a song called "Kelly" by a Swedish band called Amason. It's one of those songs that just puts a smile on my face when I hear it and the world feels a bit brighter. The beat is fantastic and there are several smaller guitar sections that mandates listening to on at a high volume, especially when driving with open windows and feeling the warm spring air coming 🙂 Check it out here.

The second one is mainly due to the mental images and memories I associate with it. I was enjoying crisp Spring weather in New York, I had just proposed to my (now) wife and we were driving around when this song came over the radio. I don't listen much to Drake, but he has made a couple of really nice songs.
It's "Hold on, we're going home" and you can check it out here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

What makes me think of spring? Without a doubt, trees budding and baseball season starting! Here in the Washington area, our Opening Day has been delayed a bit due to a COVID outbreak on the Nationals, but at long last Max Scherzer is taking the mound today.
And when it comes to songs, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" always makes me think of spring, and I find myself singing it under my breath when the April weather is beautiful.
This is my favorite interpretation of it, by the wonderful Carly Simon from Ken Burns's 1994 film "Baseball". Many of us know the last verse, sung during the seventh-inning stretch, but Carly sings all the verses, which tell the story of Katie Casey, a young woman who knows all the players' names on the hometown team and wants her boyfriend to take her to the ballgame instead of to a show. Enjoy!
Take Me out to the Ballgame - YouTube

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Spring doesn't bring a lot of music to mind for me, but I love this Cafe Music Channel on YouTube. Their new playlist for spring jazz and bossa nova music just makes me feel cheery.
I'm a winter person, so spring is always a bit sad for me. I love winter sports, playing in the snow, and staying cozy warm. But even I can't pass up the cute bunnies, baby chicks, and flowers of spring!
Spring Cafe: Coffee Shop Jazz & Bossa Nova Music for Good Mood

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36386#Comment_36386Not much of a Jazz fan at.all, but I do love some nice relaxing "café" music or Bossanova while cooking dinner or relaxing in the yard. Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

This prompt made me realize that a lot of songs remind me of summer (I have a whole Spotify playlist dedicated to summer music), but I don't have any that remind me of spring. Where I live, in the mountains of North Carolina, spring can feel like it takes forever to get here. Last winter we had snow into April and freezing nights into June. This year it feels like spring has sprung a little earlier, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much!
Spring is what I think of as the rainy season, and there are plenty of songs that come to mind when I think of rain. If I have to narrow it down to just one, it would be...Songs About Rain by Gary Allan.
Gary Allan - Songs About Rain

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

cphillipps Jazz is such an energizing form of music-I listened to Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" last night while I was painting...

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I know it's about love, but Taylor Swift's "Daylight". It came on my Spotify list last year when I was walking home from work right after the time change but before we went remote for the pandemic. It was warm and bright, and it felt like the perfect song to celebrate having more light on my evening commute home.

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

Feeling very jealous now! Here in the southern hemisphere, it's currently Autumn (Fall) and we're about to head into winter. I think I need to put some Spring songs on my playlist to keep me going with light at the end of the tunnel!
The song Catch My Disease by Ben Lee just came up on my playlist and it feels like an appropriate song for something cheery and bouncy to get me through. After a week of rain, the sun is shining today and I'm going to make the most of warm weather while I can 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don't think there can be anything more "springy" than Vivaldi's "Spring":
Vivaldi - SpringThanks to my grandmother I absolutely love classical music since childhood. So i got used to listening to it while studying or working.
And here is a glimpse of how a piece of my playlist for work looks like:
image.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

I think the best spring days are warm, bright, and breezy... But I don't know that that has actually translated into the music I'm listening to at work or otherwise! I've been listening to a lot of instrumental playlists lately (so as not to get distracted by my own bad singing while working from home), and have become a big fan of this lofi hip hop channel:
lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to

Badge +48

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36380#Comment_36380MattiasM I looked up "Kelly" after reading your post. I cannot stop listening to this song - it is SO good! 😍

Badge +48

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36436#Comment_36436msa0005 I am adding all of these classical songs to my work playlist 😁!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

"Talk to the wind
Talk to the sky
Talk to the man with the reasons why
And let me know what you find
I'll leave my window open
'Cause I'm too tired tonight to call your name
Just know I'm right here hoping
That you'll come in with the rain"

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

As a fan of the band Rush, I can easily say that there are so many songs that I could list here. 2020 was a sad year because it was the year that Neil Peart, the world renowned drummer passed away. Little do people know, but he was also the band lyricist and wrote many of the band's greatest song. One song that reminds me of Spring and Springing forward is the song Marathon. The lyrics depict how one would feel while running in an actual marathon, but the meaning of the song is meant to use a marathon (an extreme challenge) as a metaphor  for life, and say that life is full of obstacles and is all about achieving one's personal goals.
Marathon (Live in Cleveland)https://youtu.be/qLwtZy2YvNY

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

It is definitly impossible to choose one song instead of another...

I listen so much different styles, from classical (@Mslreen : I love the four seasons of Vivaldi, too) to electronic or jazz.
It's true I have some artists that I like very much, but I'm trying to stay mind-opened.

For the spring, I could invite you to listen a good old Jamiroquaï success like "Corner of the earth" (despite the video occurs in winter :P)
Jamiroquai - Corner of the Earth (Official Music Video)
Or for french-speeking, Tryo is also a good vibe with "l'Hymne de nos campagnes", a song about benefits of nature and taking care of it
Tryo — L'Hymne De Nos Campagnes

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Spring has definitely arrived here in Georgia because everything is yellow!
I am not sure there is any specific song that signals spring for me. It is the sound of music playing outside that gives me that feeling. When the weather gets pretty, there are plenty of things to do outside and we play the radio out in the pool house and it echoes all over. If you are working in the front yard or cleaning all the pollen out of the pool, there is music playing. I have my station and my husband has his! It just depends on who gets to the radio first..and when the kids are home, it's their pandora playlists.

Badge +1

Craig Chaquico's Acoustic Highway is great for a relaxing spring afternoon. However, having grown up in Detroit during the 70s, I also enjoy rolling down the windows and rocking out - Grand Funk, Foghat, Bob Seger, some Motown, or even some funk from Sly and the Family Stone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +51

Hello!!!
I live in Colombia and we dont have seasons here, is just a rainy day or a sunny day haha! Also, I live in Medellin, a city known as "La ciudad de la eterna primavera" which means, "The city of the eternal spring".
I think that I have been listening this band since I listened to them for the first time, its name is Morat and they are from Colombia, they have really good music
Morat - Cuando Nadie VeAnd I listen a lot of different artists while I am working, I like JBalvin, Chet Faker, Dua Lipa, Kygo, Taylor Swift, Robin Schulz...

Badge +3

Spring = Boat season, pool season, and anythin water, which is my favorite since I love being in the water
Instead of songs, I thought stations I really like that remind me of outdoors on Youtube I frequent, especially when doing configurations or learning of Qualtrics.
One more at the bottom for higher concentration #GOT with ambience music
Tropical House Radio 🌴 24/7 Live Music
The Good Life Radio • 24/7 Live Radio | Best Relax House, Chillout, Study, Running, Gym, Happy Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ng0Pd471c

Badge +1

The former pre-school teacher in me always thinks of the "Teddy bear picnic" as we used to hold one in class the first nice week of April to bring in spring.

Leave a Reply