Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Manage dashboard users with SSO and Local users enabled.

ruka
ruka IrelandCommunity Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Guru ✭✭
edited June 23 in CX Dashboards

Hi,

I would like to understand if any of you share this scenario and if yes how do you handle it.

In a mix authentication, where you can signin to Qualtrics brand using either sso and local login, when I am managing users in the dashboards, often I need to import users using a .csv. when doing so, when I jmport a user email from a user which has not yet login to qualtrics, this will create a new user. Resulting in me having to check always if the users that i am importing have previouly login to Qualtrics.

I suppose that one of the ways to do this is ask upfront for a list of user which will login uaing SSO, this was I can match their future username format when importing.

The challange with this is that our directory is very large and its a result of aggregation of multiple domains that resulted of aquisitions during years. Meaning that finding out the users id is close to impossible.

While i understand that most of the challange is in the complexity of our directory, i wonder if anyone has come across similar scenario?

Thanks