ENSURING ONLY A SPECIFIED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED | XM Community
Question

ENSURING ONLY A SPECIFIED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI,
I want to be able to limit the number of questions that a respondent can answer in a block. So, if I want them, for example, to answer 3 of 5 distinct text questions in a block, is there a way to ensure they can only answer 3 - and attempting to answer more than 3 would generate an error message?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

MCC11201 - Do you want to display all 5 questions and also have the validation? If so, then this has to be done using custom code.
Another option could be to only display 3 questions; which can be set using question randomization.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello.
Thank you for your reply. For my purposes, the first circumstance you described is preferred: "Display all 5 questions and also have the validation" . Would you be so kind as to suggest custom code in this situation? (Please know that, unfortunately, I do not have access to Java script with the version of Qualtrics I'm using.)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good day, Mishraji . . . would you please share code you think will work to limit a respondent's ability to answer more than a specified number of questions in a block? I'd truly appreciate it.
Goal: I have a set of 5 individual questions that I'd like a respondent to only be able to answer 3 without receiving an error message of some kind. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

MCC11201 - Unfortunately, I don't have the code handy. Also, it will require a lot of JS code which would also change a bit from one block to another.
It is possible that someone has already answered this on the community.

Userlevel 1
Badge

ok. Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I appreciate your time.

Leave a Reply