Total slider hours in real time | XM Community
Question

Total slider hours in real time

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, hope you are well.
I have a slider question on a survey with 8 categories on it. I was hoping it would be possible to display on the page near the question the total number based on the individual numbers to each of the 8 categories. I understand I can do this with piped text: ${q://QID100/TotalSum} but this will only display on a page reload or next question. Is it possible to have this refresh every time the slider is adjusted?
Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Use the below code on click of the slider and update eq value for all the different categories;

jQuery('.slider-container').eq(0).find('.BarContainer .trackHolderRel .track').attr("aria-valuenow")

Thank you so much for responding. I am hopeless when it comes to Javascript sorry. I have this for the Javascript function for the question, but I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong, or whether I need to input ID values or something.

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
this.questionclick = function(event,element){
jQuery('.slider-container').eq(0).find('.BarContainer .trackHolderRel .track').attr("aria-valuenow")
}

});

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Find the slider's main class and then on the same class use "click()" function and then get the value.

Leave a Reply