How do I resend a survey to a contact after their initial unique link has expired? | XM Community
Question

How do I resend a survey to a contact after their initial unique link has expired?

• 27 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have a survey that is completely automated (contact list, distribution, API feed), and it gets hundreds of responses a day. I have a request to resend a survey to a contact who waited too long to respond (her link expired). I tried pulling this contact into a new distribution list and made sure the contact frequency was deactivated, but it failed to send. I believe I have to go into the survey and find the original distribution and delete it in order to resend the survey to the same emal address, but I can't do that with this massive a survey. Is there another way I'm not thinking of? I could send an anonymous link, understanding I'd be missing out on embedded data we have tied to this contact. I appreciate any ideas!
Thanks - Leslie

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Lelowe_COUNTRY I might be missing some of the intricacies of your project, but is there a reason the retake link wouldn't work? Details here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks ClariJ! The respondent started the survey, then it expired per the survey expiration option: 'delete after 1 week of inactivity' so it was never closed as a pending response. So I'm not able to go in and click "actions" then do any of the 'resend' options. So in the event someone starts a survey, it expires and is deleted, how do you resend the survey? (the answer may be on the page you sent me but I don't see it...let me know). Thanks again! ~Leslie

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

In my experience with these situations, you need to send them the survey via a new distribution. Depending on how many cases you’re talking about, you could send it via either a) an individual distribution just for that one person, b) a group distribution sent to a contacts sample you have defined to identify anyone who needs a new link, or c) a group distribution using an entirely new contact list you build based on who needs a new link.

Leave a Reply