Add Respondent to Contact List on Custom Conditions | XM Community
Solved

Add Respondent to Contact List on Custom Conditions

• 5 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear Fellow Qualtrics Researchers,

I am wondering whether we can add respondents to Contact List on custom conditions, instead of on survey complete. Right now, Qualtrics offers the option to add a condition, but not change the condition.
The issue with the survey complete condition is that about 20% of my subjects in my longitudinal study did not click next on the final page when they are done, which leaves them 98% complete on the survey and not logged into the contact list directories.
One way to fix the issue is to have their info logged into the directory when the last page is shown, instead of when the survey is complete. I wonder whether this is possible. Many thanks in advance!!!

Best,
Tingyan

icon

Best answer by JeremyK 8 September 2021, 16:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi
Can't you add them in as partials from the Data & Analysis tab Responses in Progress (out to the right hand side)?
When we close a survey we always factor in those that made it to the last page but never hit submit.
All the best
-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Rather than trying to solve for a problem your users are creating (by not fully submitting the survey), there are a few different approaches that come to mind you may implement. Either of these should get you a higher submission rate.
1) Change the last question to a custom message rather than the Qualtrics' default
-and/or-
2) Change the text on the last button

Hope these help!

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40334#Comment_40334Yes I ended up changing the text on the last page alerting subjects not to close the window but click next to survey end. Using customized survey ends should help too! Thanks!

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40327#Comment_40327Yes, I can add them as partials when I analyze their data. However, for the longitudinal study with multiple interconnected surveys to work properly, I need their info from the previous stages stored in directories, which requires them to proceed to the end of the survey. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Perhaps change the arrow on the last button to the word "Submit" instead. That's what we've done, and it makes people understand that the survey is "over".
Or perhaps have a page count or progress bar at the top.

Leave a Reply