Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Javascript Button that Jumps to the last block, not the survey end

red5
red5 UtahCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I have a button in my footer that is displayed all the time. When it is clicked, I want it to jump to the last block in my survey (or any block I specify).

I think I do this by making the button a Jump button. FWIW: I am using a Table of Contents, so I think Jump Buttons apply.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MohammedAli_Rajapkar
    MohammedAli_Rajapkar Mumbai - IndiaCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @red5

You will have to find the button id of the button on which if someone click then it should take them to the last block of the table of content.

Find out the ButtonID and FlowID (last block of TOC)

Add below code under the "header" section of "Look & Feel"

jQuery("#ButtonID").click(function()
    {
    jQuery("a[id='BlockID']").click();
    });

Answers

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

The Jump button brings you back to the table of contents (TOC). You enable it by checking the TOC option "Show Button".

So, your button would have to set an embedded variable, then click the Jump button. A script attached to the TOC (in a message) would have to look for the embedded variable then click the link for the block you want to go to (which has to be included in the TOC).

• red5

@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam
    That works! Thank you. Genius. My customers will be happier now.

• red5

@LaurenK
    I meant for this to be a question, not a discussion. Will you please convert it so I can mark the Accepted Answer? Sorry for the noob mistake.

• LaurenK
    LaurenK Seattle, WA, USACommunity Administrator Administrator
    edited September 2018

Hi @red5! I have gone ahead and converted this discussion to a question! Be sure to respond Yes or No to the question "Did this completely answer your question?" on each comment! :)