How can I import some of the data from a survey into a SQL database. | XM Community
Solved

How can I import some of the data from a survey into a SQL database.

• 20 December 2018
  • 7 replies

We are currently using .net and C# to read/write to this database but I don't see any options for that in the API documentation. The users would like these updates to happen real time but that may not be an option.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 December 2018, 22:31

View original

7 replies

Hello @John_E ,

Assuming at the run time we need to save data in the SQL.

You need to create an API at your end which will accept the data from qualtrics, using web-service element we can call this API. The API will read the data from qualtrics and it can easily push it in SQL using server script (example: Php, python)
So you are suggesting that I write a program on my side which can read data from a put statement to load into my database which can be executed from a url?

Or that I can create a url in Qualtrics that I can call as a web service from a program on my side using a url created when I set it up?
> @John_E said:
> So you are suggesting that I write a program on my side which can read data from a put statement to load into my database which can be executed from a url? - ` I am suggesting this, also the URL can be run using Web service element in qualtrics`
So how do I get this web service to fire when data on a survey is updated? How do I get a list of columns (fields) that would be returned by the web service to my program? I am not even sure how I would get my program to execute from a url but maybe I can figure that out.
Hey @John_E ,

So how do I get this web service to fire when data on a survey is updated? - Piped text to get data from survey and Web Service to hit the URL

How do I get a list of columns (fields) that would be returned by the web service to my program? - Piped text
I am getting a (400) bad request error when I try to use the https://MyDataCenterID.qualtrics.com/API/v3/surveys/MySurveyID/export-responses url. I am doing a POST with the X-API-TOKEN with my token value in the header along with a format:csv and application/json in the ContentType. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
Badge +4
Hey @John_E! In the future, I'd recommend posting your question as a new discussion so it is put in our Unanswered question section! I'd otherwise recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can work with you on troubleshooting your specific API questions!

Leave a Reply