Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Math Operations: How to calculate total sum of points and then multiple by 100

taquila04
taquila04 Community Member - Trial User Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

Hello,

So far, I have this in the embedded Data "$e{gr://SC_eS6nERLWXok7Uxv/Score*100}". I have 4 questions each with 5 option choices. Option 5 is 5 points all the way down to Option 1 pooint. I want the scoring to add all of the points from the selected choices and then multiple by 100 to achieve a result.

This is the score formulaI have in embedded data in survey flow: $e{gr://SC_eS6nERLWXok7Uxv/Score*100}

Best Answers

• bstrahin
    bstrahin Madison, WICommunity Member - Trial User Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I'm not sure why this isn't working in the survey flow embedded data. But since this a simple calculation you might try changing your score for each of the questions. Instead of it being 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 change it to 500, 400, 300, 200, 100 for each of the punches. Your score will then already be multiplied by 100 rather than doing a calculation later.

• Akdashboard
    Akdashboard South CarolinaCommunity Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

You need spaces between operatives.

It should be:

$e{gr://SC_eS6nERLWXok7Uxv/Score * 100}

Answers

• Akdashboard
    Akdashboard South CarolinaCommunity Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Also, if that still doesn't work, set the score as an embedded data field and then do the math operation in a separate embedded data field. Note, it will need to be in a new embedded data element block under the score intake block.