Can I use embedded data to verify a valid participant in a survey? | XM Community
Solved

Can I use embedded data to verify a valid participant in a survey?

• 31 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Hello,

I don't have an option of circulating a survey by email only, ie, it may be accessed through a weblink. Given that not all surveys will be initiated by a user clicked link, it may be through a web url / social media.

If I include an ID value of some sort in embedded data, can I use this in a question for verification. For example

What is your user id?

And query that response against my embedded data, and display the corresponding values from other columns for that respondent that we already have on file?

You've said your user id is xxxxxxxxxx, are the below details correct?
column5, column6 etc

Thanks for reading.

Mark
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 31 January 2019, 18:27

View original

3 replies

Hello @MarkR ,

We can use `Q_CHL` embedded data in the survey flow branch logic to take decision whether the respondent is from anonymous link or from email distribution.
If anonymous then value of Q_CHL is anonymous
if email then value of Q_CHL is email
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@MarkR this sounds like a good use of an authenticator to pull in embedded data stored in a contact list. People who are accessing your survey via email can have their ID number added into their personalized link (see this post Append Info onto Email Links) and visitors from a URL or social media would have to type their ID in to start the survey. But that would link those visitors up to the contact list that holds important embedded data information.

See this support page on how authenticators work and see especially the prefill option
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/advanced-elements/authenticator/authenticator-overview/
Badge +2
Thanks for all your help people. I appreciate it.

Leave a Reply