[EX] Updating responses with current metadata | XM Community
Solved

[EX] Updating responses with current metadata

• 26 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

I updated responses for a project, but I keep receiving new responses with old metadata. Does anyone know if that update responses with current metadata applies for partial responses as well?
icon

Best answer by ColinC 10 September 2020, 22:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Metadata like location, browser, etc.. should be being updated every time the respondent takes the survey. Is there a particular category you're having an issue with?

If you mean _embedded_ data, like that you pushed in from your panel, you need to refresh that pane. This would be information you uploaded along with Names and Emails, like Title, or Department.

Upload your list of contacts again with the new information into the panelist list again. Then also go into the survey flow and find your old panelist embedded data; delete it and re-upload it. Any new categories you created, and the refreshed data will now import whenever a respondent take the survey again.
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi Kate

Is your answer based on an employee engagement survey? because it looks like CX for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@ana_velez_voce I don't have either; I have the standard research core. To the best of my knowledge these should be standard operations of the survey platform however.
Badge +1
Hi @ana_velez_voce,

Are you using "Update Person Trigger" to update the response. If yes, then it should work properly. Per my knowledge for partial people responses will not be updated.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The Update Responses with Current Metadata job will only process responses in Recorded Responses. Any responses in progress will not be updated, so the response could still be saved with old metadata. You'd need to run the Update Responses with Current Metadata job again once the response was recorded to update the metadata.

Leave a Reply