Solved

Change Buttons Shown on Response Summary

• 29 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 45 replies
Hello. I have a response summary that I am showing the respondent prior to the actual end of the survey. This way they can use the back button to make changes if necessary My concern is the language of the button at the bottom of the page. It is showing NEXT. I would like it to say SUBMIT. This way it is very clear that it is the end. I know how to change a block button, but not this.

Anyone know how?
icon

Best answer by KoalaTricks 29 August 2019, 19:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@jenf

If the response summary is in its own block/page, you can easily change the button text at the block level:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/look-feel/general-look-feel-settings/#ChangingNextAndBackButtonText

See "TO CHANGE BUTTON TEXT FOR ONE PAGE OF THE SURVEY"
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @KoalaTricks said:
> @jenf
>
> If the response summary is in its own block/page, you can easily change the button text at the block level:
>
> https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/look-feel/general-look-feel-settings/#ChangingNextAndBackButtonText
>
> See "TO CHANGE BUTTON TEXT FOR ONE PAGE OF THE SURVEY"

I am using the Customize End Of Survey feature that allows you to show a summary before they leave. So, it isn't really a block.

!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@jenf Ah, got it. In that case, I'd:

1. Set the survey-level Next/Back text in Look & Feel to say Submit and then override it for each block to say Next (and that leaves the response summary with Submit)
2. Or use custom code
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @KoalaTricks said:
> @jenf Ah, got it. In that case, I'd:
>
> 1. Set the survey-level Next/Back text in Look & Feel to say Submit and then override it for each block to say Next (and that leaves the response summary with Submit)
> 2. Or use custom code

Option one sounds like an easy way to get it done. Thanks!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @KoalaTricks said:
> @jenf Ah, got it. In that case, I'd:
>
> 1. Set the survey-level Next/Back text in Look & Feel to say Submit and then override it for each block to say Next (and that leaves the response summary with Submit)
> 2. Or use custom code

Option one sounds like an easy way to get it done. Thanks!!
Badge +3
> @KoalaTricks said:

Brilliant workaround! It worked! Qualtrics should really have their 'Next/Previous Button Text' options built into the 'End of Survey' Survey Flow element options, which I've posted as a Product Idea for their design/dev team... but until that's built out (confirmed by customer support that it's not an option), this is a perfect bandage.

Thank you SO much, @KoalaTricks !!! And thanks, @JenF , for posting this question!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Option #1 worked great for me!

Leave a Reply