How to make a report show the thumbnail of an uploaded image instead of the name,size,ortype. | XM Community
Solved

How to make a report show the thumbnail of an uploaded image instead of the name,size,ortype.

• 30 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I am trying to design a report that will show a thumbnail of the image that the respondent uploaded. If it helps the report will be for our Registrar and will list student names and a (hopefully) image of their insurance card INSTEAD of the name.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 24 September 2019, 17:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @mcdonaldshe! It looks like you were able to reach out to our Support Team for help on this. As they mentioned, the best solution will depend on if you are using results-reports or reports-reports. With either one, you can store the image as an embedded data field and then display that embedded data field in the report. If you have any further questions on how to best set this up, be sure to reach back out to our Support Team! 😃
I have embedded a data field but the value for all 506 records is N/A. The survey question asks for the respondent to upload a picture of their insurance card under certain circumstances. I named my embedded field "Image" and set the value (Piped-Text from Survey Question from Q13 upload ins card) to return the File URL ${q://QID13/UploadedFileLink}

Is there any other way to download data with the hyperlink to the uploaded file active?
Userlevel 4
Badge +22

Hi there, mcdonaldshe and KendraR -- displaying the thumbnail is something that would be very useful to me as well. I submitted a product request for this (linked below). Would you mind upvoting if you get a chance? Thank you!!
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/22902/ability-to-use-thumbnail-image-of-user-submitted-photos-images-as-a-variable-in-reporting-dashboards#latest

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@JonesE I tried to upvote but your link takes me to a page that’s down. Did anything come from this or did you find a work around solution? I’ve found a little workaround, but it’s still a bunch of work, when in the survey you go to data & analysis then off to the right of the responses click on the 3 dots, then view response it actually shows a thumbnail there! obnoxious as it can only be done on one responds at a time, although it is much better than having to download each one. I too would love to be able to view all thumbnails from all submissions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@mcdonaldshe were you able to find a solution? I’m in a similar situation and would love to see thumbnails either in an email notification workflow or a response report.

Leave a Reply