Show statements in matrix table based on earlier answers? | XM Community
Solved

Show statements in matrix table based on earlier answers?

• 23 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I want to show the user some options in a matrix table based on answers from earlier questions. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Florian_Rasp 23 July 2018, 15:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
This sounds like a good use for display logic. If you are unfamiliar with that term, check out the support page, then feel free to follow up with more detailed questions:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/display-logic/
Thank you for your quick answer, but unfortunately it did not answer my question.

With display logic, you can only make whole questions appear based on earlier answers. Having about 10 categories, this method becomes inappropriate when a user chooses several of them.

I'm looking for a way to neatly fit in all questions in a matrix table based on earlier answers.

Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Are you able to post your question and what the previous questions are that you want answered? My first reaction is if you can fill in the entire matrix table based on previous answers, then why are you having to ask the questions in the matrix table in the first place? If it's for analysis reasons then maybe you replace the matrix table with Embedded Data in the survey flow to store those answers.

I'm an extremely visual learner and thinker so for me to be able to help you I need something more concrete than what you have shared so far.
Badge +7
Hi VidarT,
I understand from your question, that you want to display answer choices in a Matrix question based on previous answers. When I understand you correctly, bstrahin is right with her hint using "Display Logic". You can not only use display logic to show/hide complete questions, but also on "Answer choice Level". Check this out: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/display-logic/#SettingAnswerChoiceDisplayLogic

Leave a Reply